Sunday, 23 April 2017

Easter Book Haul (Sunday Post #8)

http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/the-sunday-post-meme

I just got back from Edinburgh (society trip - another reason why you should definitely join a society) where I somehow managed to buy four books. It's been a while since I joined the Sunday Post link-up at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so here's a round-up of my physical TBR.


Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan - I bought this in January, but I'm definitely not going to get to it until the summer holidays. On the bright side, that means I'll only have to endure the usual Riordan cliffhanger for a couple of months.

Take the Key and Lock Her Up by Ally Carter - I've heard bad things, but from people who've found the previous two books to be average. I LOVE this series, and I'm excited!

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo - Do I have time to read it right now? No. Should I really be spending £10 on a book? Also no. But I just finished Six of Crows and I want back into the world that Leigh Bardugo has created. I can't believe this is the last book with these characters!

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas - Did anyone else watch the BBC adaption? It was amazing! Of course, it's either going to ruin the source material or the source material is going to ruin it. Place your bets.

The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson - It's not my usual thing, but I saw this ages ago and thought that it sounded interesting. I saw it again in a secondhand bookshop in Edinburgh and snapped it up at once!

The Child by Sebastian Fitzek - What can I say? I was curious.

Malkonar by Alex Jackson - Technically, I'm reading this now. I say "technically" because I have coursebooks.

The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner by James Hogg - I need this for Tuesday. It's...not going well. It's just so hard to get into. I'm planning to force my way through the rest of it tomorrow - hopefully, it'll get better.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - This is the coursebook I'm most looking forward to on the module! 

What does your physical TBR look like right now?