Sunday, 18 June 2017

Reading Challenges and Writing Updates (Sunday Post #10)




Hosted by Kimberley @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

I'm writing this from my uni room, but, if you're reading it, it means that I'm home for summer. Second year is over. I do not want to be a third year.

(Nobody does.)

News from the Reading Front

I'm in a slump.

https://giphy.com/gifs/wz8OwIImMOaOc

(Are you laughing or crying?)

I'm not enjoying The Ice Cream Girls and the third Embassy Row book is disappointing so far. On the bright side, I finished the Shaman King series a couple of days ago.

I need to start reading my coursebooks for next year within a couple of weeks.

In an attempt to break out of my slump, I've joined the summer reading challenge over at Pretty Deadly Reviews.


http://www.prettydeadlyblog.com/summer-2017-bookish-bingo/

News from the Writing Front

I'm 11,113 words into my summer project. Impressed, Ivy?

(...A little.)

I'm going to do Camp NaNo in July - who knows, maybe I can finish my first draft a little quicker - but I haven't decided on my word count yet.

News from the Blogging Front

Big news, guys! Ivyclad Ideas is now on Tumblr! You may have noticed the new button in the sidebar. I completely forgot that Tumblr doesn't let you show up in the search results until you've been there for a while, so it has no followers right now, but it has a few posts and it looks pretty. Check it out here

I was surprised earlier this week to notice that my most read post of all time is not a weekly meme or a tag. It's Writers Don't Owe Us Anything, also known as that rant I wrote back in March.


What are you reading at the moment?