Thursday, 31 August 2017

Summertime is Over (Summer Bingo Wrap-Up)


Back in June, I joined the Summer Reading Challenge over at Pretty Deadly Reviews. During June, July, and August, I read twenty two books. 

(Don't be too impressed. Only six of them were novels.)

Let's take a look at how I did.

Over Five Years Old

The final volume of (this version of) Shaman King was originally published in 2006. I finished it in 2017. 
Sci-Fi

Terra Formars meets all the requirements. Space exploration mission? Check. Set on Mars? Check. Body modification? Check.

Family Drama

The Moonstone, the first detective story ever written begins when Rachel Verinder inherits the eponymous moonstone (note: it's actually a diamond) from her uncle, who does not get on with her mother. The stone was stolen from India where it is considered sacred, and its guardians will stop at nothing to get it back. There's also a love triangle between three cousins in there.

On Your TBR Forever

I've been wanting to read The Sky is Everywhere ever since I read I'll Give You the Sun two years ago. You can find my review here.

A Sequel

I read the twelfth volume of Noragami only a couple of days ago. It still counts as a sequel if it's manga, right?

Name in Title

My Lady Jane is, shockingly, about Lady Jane Grey. You can find my review here.

Royalty

Without spoiling anything from the previous book, all I can really say is that the royal family of Adria really come into play in Take the Key and Lock Her Up. There's a prince and, of course, a love triangle. This is an Ally Carter novel after all. You can find my review here.

A Book with a Map

Crooked Kingdom is a glorious novel that everyone should read, and yes, it comes with a map in the front. You can find my review here.

Author from Another Continent 

I live in the UK, Europe, and Magi is written and published in Japan, Asia.

Romance  

Rebecca is a gothic romance, naturally), but it counts. A young woman becomes the second Mrs de Winter and moves to Mandaley, but the house is full of reminders of Rebecca, the first Mrs de Winter, and things may not be as they seem...

BINGO! 

How are your reading challenges going?